Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Bug Connection

It just happened to be one of those hot summer days with the sunlight shining through my window burning off the skin of my cranium. I opened up my window to let the hot air race into my house and fill every corner of my room. (Never really minded hot air as long as I had a fan). As I go back to sit down on my computer a small fly buzzes into my room, slipping by my defenses (my window net was also open.........idiot). He gently plots himself in front of my speaker and waited patiently for the rampaging sound waves that could make the earth shudder.

The fly had probably experienced this type of feeling before so he knew what to expect. Unaware of my guest I cranked up the volume to a level so high that it puts the shrieks of sirens at bay. The vibrations made my floor rumble and the objects on my desk came alive with motion, but the fly remained motionless. I caught him out of the corner of my eye just sitting there with not a care in the world and just listening to the music, he was the same as me. At that moment I had an understanding with another creature, he was just there to enjoy the ride like me. We sat there for hours giving staring at each other, but not one movement (think he excreted on my speaker). When the music stopped he twitched and spread his wings. He got what he wanted and was about to set out on a new adventure. He jumped from the speaking and soared through the hot breeze. I watched him as he out, he didn't move far but to one of my neighbor’s apartment. He perched himself on the window sill and waited for the doors to open, eventually they did but had another surprise for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment